It is a monastery located in Mardin , within the Syrian Orthodox Church and inside the Mor Mihayel Church. It was built in the 4th century. Across the entrance to the church is a space with three graves. These graves are the tombs of Mor Mihael, sister of Mor Mihael, and Saint Mor Yusuf the teacher of Mor Mihael. When the Assyrian Ancient School in Kirklari Church was closed down in 1919, this monastery served as a school until 1928. However, because of being out of the city and having difficulty in transportation, the school has started to serve as a church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]